Thursday, June 4, 2009
Daughters
Have I mentioned that I am thrilled that we are having twins? I really can't tell you how excited I am. This blessing is so unexpected, but everyday I am more and more grateful that there are two little girls in there! (Several people have said to me, "Better you than me, I'd never be able to handle it." And I'm thinking to myself, "Yes, it is better that this is my life because I couldn't be happier! I want these babies - both of them- more than anything!) This past Sunday, while visiting a Church, we met a woman who insisted that I meet her identical twin daughters who are 18 years old. They were beautiful, articulate, confident, and a pleasure to talk to. Their sweet mother was telling me how just the night before she had gone out for coffee with her daughters and they were talking about how they are clones of each other but they love their life and being a twin. I got goosebumps thinking about going out for coffee or tea with my girls in eighteen years and getting to enjoy their friendships and unique and wonderful perspectives on life. I can hardly wait! But until then I am not going to wish away a moment. I will enjoy every deep wide-eyed look, lullaby, slobbery kiss, silly song, bath time with toys and bubbles, and every hectic moment filled with these little girls. Sonora and her sisters, our daughters, their worth is beyond measure and I am beyond blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I just got done reading this quote while listening to my twins 'talking' to each other after their nap! It is definitely a blessing. Just tell people you are 'doubly blessed'! I know yall are going to be great parents to all 3 girls. Miss ya-
Lindsey
I meant post, not quote- sometimes I type the wrong word and don't realize it until later!
Girls are so wonderful! Just this morning, I was spending time with one of my three sisters and we were commenting on how much we can't imagine life without each other, and how we all consider each other some of our best friends. You're going to be such a wonderful Mother to all of your daughters, Lisa. They are going to be such beautiful women, both inside and out!
Oh,I'm so glad I decided to check your blog today! You are showing!! You look radiant! I can't think of a better person for this wonderful blessing to happen to-really!
I have a friend going to school to be a doula (Jon met her at lunch one day) she needs to help with so many delieveries (at no charge) before she gets her license. I told her I'd ask you if you were interested.
Post a Comment