Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My first and greatest food failure

I'm going to go ahead and document that dinner tonight was the worst meal that I have ever cooked. I'm discouraged to the point of depression. I just love planning, slicing, dicing, sizzling and sautéing out a delicious spread that is tantalizing to the various and appropriate senses. My very kind husband insists that tonight's meal was "not too bad" but he is lying through his teeth. I attempted to make fish tacos, a West Coast treat (maybe they have them elsewhere, but CA is where I was introduced) that is a favorite of Jon's. Everything seemed to be going great until it was time to eat them. They were terrible, in fact, I don't even want to talk about it......

3 comments:

Rebecca Manor said...

Oh Lisa! I am so sorry to hear about the cooking disaster. My mom has a great recipe for fish tacos - when I'm back home this September, I'll get that recipe to you - don't worry about wrecking a batch - fish tacos can be tricky. Love your blog - it's been so fun to know what's going on in your life again.
Miss you,
Rebecca Manor

Sarah said...

OH, I so relate. Last night I tried homemade Ricotta Gnocchi, more like soggy bland white balls of dough. Zeb dutifully ate them and said they were good. They were not. Until I broke down and fried the heck out of them in butter. That was a little better.

Hilary said...

Okay, fish tacos is a brave order and second, when it a favorite of my hubby's and it's not my speciality...I don't attempt! So kudos to you for trying! Keep this in mind, as I do, you only have ONE food failure. Think of ALL the fab dishes Jon has enjoyed! A testimony to your greatness as a cook!