Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Alive and Well

The fact that I haven't blogged in a while is really a good thing. It means that I have been busy and occupied, which is a very good thing. These are interesting and sometimes difficult times for our family but the Lord has been so gracious to us. Jon has started training for his new career, which means that he is off and away. He is doing great and really enjoying all that he is learning. Sonora and I have spent the last several weeks in SC with my family and have had a delightful time!

The days go by so much more quickly here with my family. It might have something to do with all the people and noise (my parents still have three loud and lovely children at home, one who lives across town and pops in occasionally, and one who will graduate from college soon and be back as well.) Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is always something going on here: two flag football teams, three separate choruses, one new puppy (Juliana's early Christmas gift, whom Sonora adores), home school groups and activities, a dinner for 35 tomorrow evening, and a party for 15 eleven year old girls the next day. What can I say, I'm a woman of action and I love all the hubbub.

It is difficult to describe Sonora's enthusiasm for her Uncles, Aunts, Grandparents, and all of the toys stashed all over this home. And did I mention the puppy, Millie? Sonora loves Millie so much that she wants to be just like her, e.g.- she barks, eats puppy food, and makes lots of messes.

We have also had some very special visits with dear friends of mine from days gone by and their beautiful children. I have been so blessed by visits with these wonderful friends and I think God for being able to spend time with them again.

And somehow my inner craftess has emerged and I have been hand-making Christmas gifts for the first time ever! I can't tell you how I've amazed myself (and my mother) through the creations that are even now piled high and ready to wrap. I've discovered that being a girl-on-a-budget has driven me to new levels of creativity that I didn't know that I had in me.... and I've had a lot of fun!

So that is what we've been up to. We are doing well, missing Jon, but keeping busy and productive...except for the eating puppy food part. That is not productive....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted. I was just thinking that I needed to email you. I have been an awful friend! You are constantly in my prayers though! Glad to hear you are doing well! Give Sonora a hug for me and tell Jon hi! Love you and we are praying for yall!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, I will only bring mild chaos when I come home. But you will be gone anyway. Maybe I can take over eating the puppy food for Sonora. :)

Hilary said...

Yum! Yum! Dog food! I look forward to hearing more about your "craftiness."

The Khans said...

Hey Lisa. I have been meaning to email you. Baltimore is such a fun city. You will love it there. Can't wait to talk to you and hear all about Christmas and the upcoming move.