One of the many fabulous things about being married to Jon Shaffer is that you get to do this interesting stuff that you would not otherwise do were you not married to Jon Shaffer. For example, this morning he took me out on a hot date to the shooting range.... with our preacher! Romantic, eh? The minister at the Church we attend is a gun collector and has a membership to the local shooting range. He graciously agreed to take us as his guests and we really had a good time. (Sonora stayed with our wonderful neighbor and had a delightful time of her own.)
Until today, my firearms experience has been somewhat limited. I think that maybe I might have shot my brother's BB gun when we were younger, but thats about it. However, today I mutilated the outline of a man on a paper target with my new friend, Mr. 9mm. That man on the target, he will never bother anyone again.....ever.
Now I hate to brag, BUT - turns out, I'm a fantastic shot! My first six shots were right in the bulls eye and then I just kept bringing the heat! It was fun to impress the guys. So, as long as all future attackers stand very still about 20 yards from me and hold a paper target over the center of their chest, then we shouldn't have any trouble from them.
I have a new found knowledge and appreciation for bullet-toting weaponry. And we have the added bonus of discovering we have an expert markswoman in the family (wink)!
I owe all of my skill to my excellent firearms instructor = my good-looking husband, and to those Luis L'Amour books I read about Old West gunslingers. They have made me the dangerous weapon that I am today.....
3 comments:
Apparently, statistically, women are better shots than men (given the same amount of time/practice). When my mom and dad started my mom outshot my dad every time. He's a little more into it now though, so he passed her up when she lost interest. It's good that you're doing this though, it is important to be educated about guns rather than fear them.
you go girl!! Lisa, you're a hoot. Bet your man is so proud...
"...bet my wife can out-shoot your wife!"
Admire you learning something new and supporting your husband so sweetly!
Love ya
M
Nice Lisa! I knew you had it in you! Think sewers! ;) I think Scott should teach me to shoot too. Your blogs are always so well written and fun to read. I look foward to seeing you next week sometime.
Post a Comment