To All of Lisa's Friends, Family, and Followers, the hacker is myself, Natalie, Lisa's sister. Most of you probably knew this, unless you know Valerie and not me. Apparently, our humor is similar.
I am now confessing my true identity because I can no longer hack Lisa's blog. Shortly before Thanksgiving, I moved out of the Shaffer home to spend a few weeks in SC with the other Harrises. Then, on December 19, 2009, I was married to William Glaser in a blizzard. It was crazy, but I'd do it all over again for Will. For more about my wedding, you can look for pictures of me on Facebook or send Lisa an e-mail asking about my new blog. If I know you personally, feel free to ask!
But back to the Shaffers -- They spent Thanksgiving in SC with the Harrises, and then Jon had work stuff to attend to, so Lisa and the girls spent an extra week after Jon left. But soon, off they went to meet up with him in Alabama where they visited many old and dear friends. They spent a couple of days in GA on the way back visiting more friends and checking on their rental house. On arriving home (and discovering that their basement had flooded while they were gone) Lisa unpacked from the previous travels, packed up again, snuck in a good dozen fragile and beautiful tea cups from her collection, and then was off to my wedding in Virginia! Two nights before I was married, Lisa threw a beautiful party for me with the help of my friend Rebekah. Using all of Lisa's tea cups and buying scones and chocolate and tea and fruit and other goodies, they made it elegant as well as fun and special. They even coordinated a recipe book for me with recipes from the ladies nearest and dearest to me. Then the next day, Jon made it in right in time for the rehearsal dinner.
I wish you could have seen the Shaffers at the wedding. Hopefully, Lisa will post pictures. Lisa looked stunning as the Matron of Honor. Jon was a dashing groomsman in his tux. The twins were as cute as buttons in their plaid dresses which coordinated with that of Will's youngest niece Mary Kate. But Sonora was one of our two flower girls, and she was a doll! The other flower girl was Will's oldest niece Ruth Ann. Sonora and Ruth Ann wore matching red dresses and wore beautiful flower tiaras. (Is now a good time to tell you that Amy Hittle is the best florist ever?) They carried white baskets which should have had petals and mostly carried pretzels. Both girls walked down the aisle wonderfully with Alec, my youngest brother who served as a wrangler rather than a ring bearer. The only mishap with these two-year-olds that I heard of was when Sonora kicked her Granddad out of his seat while he was up giving a blessing. She later relinquished it though.
Jon and Lisa and the girls returned to their house to find it mostly buried in snow. The blizzard which had dumped almost two feet at the wedding had brought even more snow to their house. Despite this and a flooded basement, they made time to host Will's family who's flights were cancelled because of snow. The dear, dear Glasers helped them rescue their basement posessions, even separating wet pictures and baseball cards to let them dry. (**Note from Lisa: I'm convinced that things would still be down there molding were it not for this dear and precious family that Natalie married into.)
The Shaffers had Christmas at home. The highlight of the day, as I understand, was Sonora's little pink, vintage kitchen from Pop and Grammy. Sonora LOVES it and enjoys "cooking" with her stove and checking the thermometer on her old-fashioned fridge. She also got a puppet "Bactoon," (i.e. Racoon) which are her favorite critters.
Were the Shaffers stopped then? Oh no. Off they went to California to visit the Shaffer relatives. And they had exciting adventures on the plane on the way back. I could tell you about it, but Lisa does it so much better.
God bless -- Natalie Glaser, no longer a mysterious hacker
****Note from Lisa: This wedding was an incredibly beautiful, powerful, and holy event and we are so thrilled to have been a part of it. I hope to include many of my own thoughts in another post..... Natalie, are you so proud of me for including pictures?! End note*****






2 comments:
Boy, am I impressed! You are an amazing poster, and I'm amazed by the beautiful pictures! Ah! I love the pink kitchen! Thanks for posting the last post. :)
Honestly, even though I don't know Valerie, I thought the Hacker was her for a very long time! Every time I talked to Will he was talking about how busy Natalie was, and thus I just figured she would never have time to be writing blog posts. Then my mom was telling me all the reasons she was just totally assuming it was Natalie, and I saw her point. Finally it dawned on me: we writers use blogging as stress relief. Of course it was Natalie! And then I was there when my mom was on the phone to her future daughter-in-law and asked her the question: "Are you The Hacker?" So I got the inside scoop then that Mom was right, it really was Natalie. :) Anyway, Hacker, I really enjoyed your posts! We shall miss your hacks. After all, we know only Hackers have time to write about allllll the childrens' antics!
Post a Comment