We have been blessed with some incredible friendships in our lives. We praise the Lord often for friends who inspire us, make us laugh, pray for us, challenge us, and like to hang out with us! This trip was a wonderful time of re-connecting, re-living old memories, making new ones, and holding babies. Thank you to everyone who hosted us, fed us, entertained us, and played with us. We love you!
Partying with the Khans. We always love spending time with them. Sonora held her own with the boys and they were so sweet to her and the little girls. If their sibling turns out to be a little girl, she will have the best big brothers to protect and lookout for her..... and teach her how to jump off of high objects.
Partying in the hotel room. I was terrified of spending a week here but it went really well, I'm quite proud of my girls and couldn't have made it without my man!
I'm having difficulty getting the pictures from Matt and Shaunna's house uploaded, not sure what the deal is.... but the fact remains that we had a couple of great visits with these precious friends of ours. Both Matt and Shaunna were in our wedding and Shaunna and I became close through a Bible study that we were a part of in college. Who would have thought that a mere six years later we would have husbands, homes, and five children between us?! We love you guys dearly and are so grateful for getting to spend some wonderful children infused ;) moments with you!
I'm having difficulty getting the pictures from Matt and Shaunna's house uploaded, not sure what the deal is.... but the fact remains that we had a couple of great visits with these precious friends of ours. Both Matt and Shaunna were in our wedding and Shaunna and I became close through a Bible study that we were a part of in college. Who would have thought that a mere six years later we would have husbands, homes, and five children between us?! We love you guys dearly and are so grateful for getting to spend some wonderful children infused ;) moments with you!
We spent a delightful morning at the beautiful Gresham home. Hil, Jan, and I were very close throughout college and beyond. What a joy it was to see them and watch their beautiful daughters in action. The girls were a dazzling rainbow of colors - so pretty! Sonora loves her "frwens" Juliet and Wynn, and I will always love their Moms!
Then we were off to the Guns. Wes was my campus minister while I was in college and one of the officiants in our wedding. We had the privilege of hosting their family a few times at our home in TX and Amanda and I had fun bonding experiences. Wes is now a missions minister and travels all over the world placing missionaries and encouraging Churches. I've thought several times that when it comes time to "retire" we should call up Wes and have him put us to work! We loved meeting their beautiful daughter and catching up with the big guy!
It was such great fun to see the Keys, it had been way too long! Whenever I see a Bass Pro Shop I'll think of our fun night out and remember how long they waited in line so that Sonora could see Santa only to have her not want anything to do with the ol' guy when it was their turn. You guys are going to be amazing parents....speaking of which, we are thrilled about their baby on the way, he or she will be beautiful, witty, generous, and born into an amazing and godly home! We can hardly wait to meet you, Baby Key!
We left Alabama and headed to Georgia as we made our way back home. We stayed with our dear GA neighbors, some of the best neighbors a person could have. This family is so generous and open-hearted, they set a wonderful example! We love and miss them! Sonora would have hidden all of their children in our vehicle and brought them home with us if there had been an extra inch of space.
4 comments:
I am STILL so proud of you! Will you hack my blog? Of course, I knew you were insanely busy, but now I SEE you were insanely busy. You're amazing. And Mia is still plump. And Honnah is still growing, and Sonora is still 2. And you and Jon are . . . wonders.
yeah for you! these are great summaries. My only wish would have been to spend more time together. Miss you all!
Well what a treat to have the Shaffers' blog back. I've missed seeing you all and hearing about the Shaffer family adventures. Love you all!
I will have to send you the pics we got of Sonora and Joshua. They are too cute. Glad to hear all went well over the holidays. Hope to see you again soon.
Post a Comment