Many of you have been gracious in saying that you understand life with small children can be busy and unpredictable and you have forgiven my lack of communication. But let me just tell you what exactly “busy and unpredictable” looks like. Tonight, for example, dinner was in a holding pattern, all three girls were playing happily, it seemed like the right moment to sneak into the other room and make a quick phone call. I needed to touch base with a woman whom I’ve never met but who is very generously allowing us to borrow strollers for the twins while we are on a trip that we will be taking soon. (This will save us from taking a double stroller along with the three car seats, suitcases, diaper bag, activity bags, and carry-ons that we are already taking on the plane!)
So, I’m on the phone, leaving a message for a total yet sweet stranger when Sonora comes running into the room yelling something at the top of her lungs. I’m trying to wave her off and concentrate on what I am saying, while increasing the volume and realizing that I should wrap this message up soon. As I hang up, I realize that the last couple minutes of the message (I leave long messages) she could probably only hear whatever it was that Sonora was hollering. Speaking of, I think to myself, what was she hollering about? I tune in, just in time to realize that she is yelling, “Momma!!!! Mia is eating out of the toilet, Mia is eating out of the toilet, Mia is eating out of the toilet.....!!!!!” I take off running into the bathroom, sure enough in the mere minutes that I had left the room, Sonora goes potty (I’m still thanking the Lord that it was only number one), there is a huge pile of unrolled toilet paper on the bathroom floor, half of it is quite soggy, Mia is licking her lips with a suspiciously wet shirt front and Honnah has a handful of soggy toilet paper that she is swishing around in the used potty water. “Oh gross!!!” I manage to exclaim around the gag reflex.
And that, is why it isn’t safe for me to call you....
6 comments:
Oh my goodness. I still think it's adorable, even if gross :)
Ohhhhhh, Lisa. Wow. Isn't life with girls crazy?!?!?! ;)
oh dearest....all mommies have potty stories if it makes you feel better. Yours is not the first to eat, swim, dunk, play, flush random objects or try to bath in the commode.
So glad you are already able to laugh. That will keep you sane on these crazy days!
How I miss you friend. Wish you were coming this weekend. Thanks for a blog update and window into your world...Ive missed you!
this is perfect. oh my. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!! LOVE,
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! OH! HEE HEE HEE HEE!!! Ahem. Um. Yes, well. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing. Thank God your three-year-old was old enough and wise enough to do something.
Glad to know you are still alive and managing as best as you can. We miss you guys and pray the best for you always. Keep up your sense of humor. Children definitely have different views of what is funny.
Post a Comment