In case you are still wondering, the snow has indeed melted, (really left you hangin' on that one didn't I?) Spring has sprung and it is just beautiful around here!
(Daddy, Mia, & the Cherry Blossoms)
Some people have asked me what my days looks like. Well here is a typical day, and we usually have a couple of those a week I'd say. One of the babies usually wakes up first (most often it is Mia) and we cuddle and play in bed until the other two are up. I keep a pile of baby toys beside our bed for just such an occasion. When all three girls are up and it is more work to stay in bed than to get up, you know, with all the wiggling, squealing, breakfast requests, etc, we head to the kitchen to eat. Honnah and Mia are eating big kid food, in addition to nursing, so meal times are even more lively. We've been at this eating real food thing for about 6 weeks and I'd say that this past week was the first time that a meal went by without me getting their food in my hair. We had some bubble blowing issues there for a while. After breakfast everyone plays and generally entertains themselves for another hour or so until the first nap of the day. While the babies are napping Sonora and I usually have a little Bible time together or read books, then we each do our own thing for a while (I'm starting to get some cleaning done in this little window). Next babies start waking up, we eat lunch, everyone gets changed, cleaned, pottied, then I have a precise order that everyone goes down for afternoon naps in order to maximize the window that I can catch a nap myself. When we are all up from afternoon naps we usually have a snack and then go outside for a walk or to play with our delightful neighbors. Then it is supper time, Daddy time, and time for the evening bedtime routines and rituals. Like I said, we usually have a couple of these smooth flowing days a week. This doesn't take into account our outings, play dates, birthday parties, women's weekly Bible study, small group Bible study with new friends at Church, special events, or general household insurrection.
(Honnah, the first to love big kid food)
(Mia, after an initial uncertainty, now endorses big kid food whole-heartedly)
(Sonora takes cup cake eating very seriously)
We all love being outside, even the babies. There is a really great bike trail near where we live that goes right down to the waters of the Chesapeake Bay and we spent one glorious day riding the whole trail with Sonora in a seat on the back of my bike and the little girls pulled in the double bike trailer on the back of Jon's bike. We stopped to picnic and to look at the water, it was a fabulous day. Sonora loves pointing out the things in creation made by God, it warms my heart every time. We have the inevitable discussions about how God didn't make the mailboxes or the swing sets but He made the people and gave them the intellect and skills and materials to create those things...... I think that she is getting it.
(Honnah is not so sure about this safety feature)
(I found this vintage beauty at GoodWill for $15- the tricycle)
(Ready to roll)
Every week gets a little easier as all the girls get a little more independent and I have a smidge more energy. I am more grateful to the Lord than I could ever say for His rich blessings on us and His constant presence with us in the midst of this wild ride called our life!
I'll try to do a better job of keeping everyone updated, but you've heard that before...... I'll leave you with a few more glimpses into our days....
(Feeding time at the Shaffer Zoo)
(Some sister time)
(It is so amazing to see them interact)
(Amazing and entertaining)
(Someone had a significant birthday lately and it could not have been any more special. Surrounded by family and friends, over a feast of authentic and delicious Chinese fare, turning thirty didn't even hurt!)
(My favorite girls)
6 comments:
FABULOUS!!! (Aunt Juliana says, "Adorable!") This post fed our souls while also making us insatiably hungry for the next visit! Is that possible? Whether or not it makes sense, it is true! Girls, you are ravishingly BEA-U-TI-FUL!!! Love, Granmaam & the SC Crew
Hey sweet friend!!! Absolutely adorable and as I was packing for disney on the 11th, I thought of you over and over...and I will say it's the first year, but I never called. Happy Belated my dearest, and I'll be giving you a call when we get home! I miss you and love you and the girls all look (and sound) so lovely!!
p.s. is screeching a girl thing?? ava's got it down pat; we never had this shrill noise with Grayson!
Thanks for the fun update! The girls are all getting so big! They are adorable. We miss you guys around here. We are doing well just staying busy with our family of 5! Selah is a sweetie and is such a blessing to us. Take care!
~Jen
Hey dear one,
I have been aching for a Lisa update. Can't believe how your babies have grown since your last post. Thanks for a window into your world and Happy Birthday beautiful!!!!
Good stuff!
What a house full of little cuties. Oh and big cuties too... Hoping to see all these darlin's sometime before too long.
Post a Comment