Sometimes I make the mistake of reading the newspaper as my major source of information. (We had several papers piled up when we returned from our vacation and unfortunately I tackled them all during one of Sonora's nap times.) I really feel that newspapers should come with warning labels to alert the reader to the fact that relying solely on said paper for information can make said reader depressed, scared, and disgusted. I truly had to repent before the Lord last night as I realized how askew my views were becoming causing me to resign myself to a fallen culture that seemed overwhelmed with destruction and evil and too lost to save. Upon hearing or seeing this attitude, Satan must sit back and laugh, feeling that his plan is working. After repenting and spending some serious time in prayer with Jon over our culture, the upcoming elections, the earthquake in China, the tsunami in Myanmar, the persecuted Church, the sex slave trade, and our own family, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to the Lord Who is not overwhelmed by our plight or our prayers and has all things under His control. We are not too lost to save, Christ's righteous blood continually offers salvation to all who come to Him.
There are many powerful stories of hope reported through groups such as Voice of the Martyrs, Open Doors, World Vision, Prison Fellowship, and so many more. And for the situations that seem so hopeless, I believe that God has been waiting all along for us to cry out to Him to save us, for even when things seem "good", on our own, we are always hopeless! And so I desire to live a bold and fearless life in Christ recognizing that He has given "the immeasurable greatness of this power for us who believe, according to the working of His great power." (Ephesians 1:19 NRSV)
"So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up. So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith." (Galatians 6:9-10a NRSV)
No comments:
Post a Comment