This year was without a doubt the best Mother's Day I have ever had! It is perfectly appropriate for me to only now be revealing the details because we just put together my Mother's Day gift this week. On the actual day I was taken, by the loves of my life, to the Cheesecake Factory in Atlanta. Our dinner was perfectly exquisite and dessert, cheesecake of course, was truly one of the tastiest delights that I have ever put in my mouth. And when it is Mother's Day and you are the Mother, you get to say things like, "Why don't we split an appetizer, entree, and dessert?" and they just say, of course dearest, whatever you desire. We had these avocado southwestern schisuan egg rolls (I might be a bit off on the official name) with a tangy spicy sweet dipping sauce to start us out- incredible. Then a delicious chicken entree with romano crust and pasta recommended by a dear friend and co-mother, Shaunna, also a Cheesecake Factory fan. And did I mention dessert? Positively heavenly! Let me just say the bar has been set high for all future Mother's Day dinners. Now on to the gift that I have started to enjoy this week. I have wanted, for quite sometime, my own gourmet herb garden. I hesitated to plant such a garden because of all the transition in our lives, I didn't want to leave my little garden behind. However, now that we are settled into our new home and transition is still ahead of us (with all this FBI business), I finally realize that the way to skin this cat is with portable pots. And so, per my eager request, my gift was my very own garden of herbs in two large and lovely pots! I love them, they are fresh and fragrant. Thyme, sweet basil, lemon basil, rosemary, mint, parsley, and cilantro, I have no excuse for not creating savory culinary masterpieces! I'm a big fan of Mother's Day.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Momma Mia
This year was without a doubt the best Mother's Day I have ever had! It is perfectly appropriate for me to only now be revealing the details because we just put together my Mother's Day gift this week. On the actual day I was taken, by the loves of my life, to the Cheesecake Factory in Atlanta. Our dinner was perfectly exquisite and dessert, cheesecake of course, was truly one of the tastiest delights that I have ever put in my mouth. And when it is Mother's Day and you are the Mother, you get to say things like, "Why don't we split an appetizer, entree, and dessert?" and they just say, of course dearest, whatever you desire. We had these avocado southwestern schisuan egg rolls (I might be a bit off on the official name) with a tangy spicy sweet dipping sauce to start us out- incredible. Then a delicious chicken entree with romano crust and pasta recommended by a dear friend and co-mother, Shaunna, also a Cheesecake Factory fan. And did I mention dessert? Positively heavenly! Let me just say the bar has been set high for all future Mother's Day dinners. Now on to the gift that I have started to enjoy this week. I have wanted, for quite sometime, my own gourmet herb garden. I hesitated to plant such a garden because of all the transition in our lives, I didn't want to leave my little garden behind. However, now that we are settled into our new home and transition is still ahead of us (with all this FBI business), I finally realize that the way to skin this cat is with portable pots. And so, per my eager request, my gift was my very own garden of herbs in two large and lovely pots! I love them, they are fresh and fragrant. Thyme, sweet basil, lemon basil, rosemary, mint, parsley, and cilantro, I have no excuse for not creating savory culinary masterpieces! I'm a big fan of Mother's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ooooh, you'll have to give me all your tips (especially for wintering them) so that I can start one soon. How fun!
Cheesecake Factory is my favorite too! I always get the chicken with the aspargus on top and the chocolate mousse cheesecake. It really is the best. We were spoiled in TX to have one less than 10 miles from our house. I miss it...but not the calories!
that's what i want to do as well! any advice? books, websites, move here and we can learn together and let the kids play too???
Post a Comment