Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back and Blogging

Okay, so I missed the rest of July and all of August and September. We've been a little busy and then I lost my momentum and then I was overwhelmed at the prospect of catching you up and then I was just enjoying the fantastic Fall weather that is now upon us and here we are in October. 

We have had such a delightful Summer and Fall rich in travels, hosting, visiting, camping, birthdaying, and more traveling.  The Lord has been so good to our family and we have special memories from the past weeks and months. 

One of our most special memories was the first birthday of our very own Sonora Jane. We hosted a Fiesta to celebrate the occasion complete with steak and chicken fajitas, salsas, guacamole, cake with lots of sticky icing, homemade ice cream, a piƱata, candy, The Marvelous Mariachis' of Mexico and an 'el slip n' slide-o.  The party was lots of fun and we have some great pictures! We are so grateful to the Lord for the privilege of being Sonora's parents, this past year with her has been so incredibly fulfilling!

I will talk to that wonderful man of mine about posting lots of new pictures to our website as that is his area of expertise. Then you can get all caught up with us at a single glance. Until that happens please know that our silence in the blogosphere has not been indicative of a lack of news to report, just the lack of motivation and time to report it. 

Speaking of news to report, I've got an intriguing and exciting little tid bit for you but it will have to wait for the next post........ No, I'm not pregnant. 

4 comments:

Amber said...

Glad your back to blogging, I had missed reading how ya'll are doing.

Anonymous said...

It's about time! Just kidding. Glad yall are doing well! Tell Jon to get one the ball posting pictures, I want to see that beautiful girl!

Love yall!

Sarah said...

I know! I know what it is! Yay!

Jody said...

Glad to hear from you again! Been wondering where you were. Totally understand about being busy though.

Are you going to the Faulkner Chorus reunion Nov. 1? Just curious. We have company that weekend but I may stop by for a few minutes.

I tagged you over at my blog for a bit of fun. Please play if you have time:)

Jody