Well, let's start at the top:
The twins are a week old, believe it or not. So far, their favorite things are eating, sleeping, and being held. Their not-so-favorite things are not eating, being woken up, not being held, having diapers changed, and taking baths.
Poor Mia has just a little jaundice, so she goes sun bathing outside every day. Of course, she would be the twin that doesn't actually need to get any sun. But isn't that always the way?
At first, Mia was the snuggle bug, fussing whenever she felt she wasn't being held enough. Honnah would rest easily and placidly. Now the girls seemed to have switched roles. Honnah fusses for snuggles, and Mia is the more lethargic twin, probably because of that touch of jaundice.
Due to stitches, Lisa is not allowed downstairs. She's handling this well but occasionally has bouts of stir-craziness. To help with this, the whole family, including stray aunties, usually congregates in Jon and Lisa's room for supper and evening time. I would say activities, but we never get around to any.
Sonora still loves her sisters. One of her favorite things to do is to sing songs about them using their full names. I often hear something like this:
"Mia Wose! Mia, Mia, Mia Wose! Mia Dace! Honnah Dace! Honnah, Honnah Dace! Mia Dace! Mia Wose!"
So after a week's experience and some reflection, I can tell you that, after twins, life still goes on. It's just better.
P.S. I, the mysterious hacker, am a girl (the only alternative in this house being Jon), but I wish to maintain my mysteriousness. That plus making Lisa laugh plus getting comments from you is what makes the job all worthwhile.

8 comments:
They look so peaceful! Their little heads are perfect too.
Dear Hacker,
Please tell Jon and Lisa that Ryan and Jody Dix said congratulations! They are beautiful!! I am so happy for them.
Love,
Jody
Love getting updates. So sweet!!
So many new things I've already missed in a week. Can I come over tonight?
They are beautiful!
So many thing that I have missed as well. Like Sonora for starters. To say nothing of the new little darlings.
Wow, I love seeing all the pics and reading all the latest... They're breathtaking! I KNOW Lisa, and while even confined to upstairs, she is working in circles around me under normal conditions... I still often think to myself when stressed, "How would Lisa do it?" Seriously, Lis, get ready to write your book. This point of your life is priming you for a great literary work. Love to you all!
P.S. Seeing this has given me a most inconvenient bout of baby fever!
LOL. One more comment here. Sonora's song with the girls' names made me imagine altering the chorus to "Low In the Grave He Lay." ...."Mia Rose! Mia ROSE! Hallelujah, Mia Rose!" Fits perfectly.
Post a Comment