Last Saturday, a midwife told us Mia's jaundice is all gone. Honnah had gained exactly one pound since birth and Mia had gained fourteen ounces since birth. As of last Saturday, Honnah weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. and Mia was 7 lbs. Since then, they've been eating voraciously.
Yesterday and today, Lisa has been working hard to get the girls to eat every two hours. The difficult part is that they want to eat constantly.
Lisa is doing well and makes one trip downstairs a day. Thanks to family having varying schedules, someone is often on hand to help out, though not always.
For their inaugural Labor Day, the twins are going to be doted on by Lisa's family who are coming up for a visit.
6 comments:
I think that doting sounds like a magnificent way to spend a Labor Day holiday (what an appropriately named holiday for Lisa). I wish that I was there to join in the doting. So to all of you who will be in Maryland this weekend...dote some for me.
Lisa, I am so so happy for you! Your daughters are absolutely precious. Thank you, dear Hacker, for your wonderful updates on the Shaffer family. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about the exciting recent events through your accounts.
So glad to hear all is well & everyone is adjusting to the newsest family members.
That second picture down has got to be one of the sweetest I have ever seen!!!!
One more thing...Please tell The Harris Family hello for me!
Two weeks already???!!
Post a Comment