Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pure Entertainment


        

          The following antic-dotes may only be entertaining to me and the grandparents but as this blog also serves as a central place to record these sweet small glimpses into our lives that I can one day go back and review then I will record them here.

          Today as I was feeding the babies  Sonora was having a grand old time with a wet wipe that I had given her for her dirty hands. (Side note: Sonora loves wet wipes and finds loads of uses for them around the house, from changing her baby doll's diapers, to cleaning her sister's swings, to wiping up the floor, to cleaning Mommy's face, etc. Jon has recently been encouraging her to use pretend wet wipes for all of these things and she seems to be on board. Today she asked me for a "ten wet wipe for baby's bonnum" it took her a couple of tries but she finally got through to Mom and I proceeded to dispense 6 or 7 "ten," aka- pretend, wet wipes so she could clean her baby's bonnum, I mean, bottom.) But in this instance she had a real wipe and after cleaning her hands started making wet wipe art. "Momma, its a flower, you wanna smell?" Of course I smelled and of course it was "Lovely!"

          Then she made me a "tie to wear it" I had to ask for an explanation and then I realized that she had watched Jon put on his neck tie this morning and being the observant fashionista that she is, she whipped one up for me. I then explained how usually just Daddies and boys wore neck ties. I was thinking in the back of my mind about those plaid ties that went with the jumpers that I wore when I was 12 or so..... let's just hope those don't come back, it wasn't really cute the first time around. "Just boys?" Sonora asked, then holding it up to my grey and pink pajamas she said, "But, it matches you." First off, it didn't. Secondly, yes I'm still in my pajamas and the day is half gone, but it is totally okay if you haven't had lunch yet, right? Thirdly, how in the world does she know about the concept of what matches and use it appropriately in conversation?? She's two! Then, as if this wasn't enough she tells me again, "I made you tie for you to wear it so go to work." Yep, she was kicking me out. I asked who would look after her and her sisters if I went out to work and she said that Aunt Sarah would watch them and that I should get up and go as soon as I finished feeding Mia. While some moments the prospect of walking out this door and into a work environment where I am monetarily compensated for a job well done does sound appealing, there is no way, Lord-willing, that I will ever miss a moment of life and work here surrounded by my favorite little darlings!

          But back to the entertaining things coming out of Sonora's mouth. After flowers and neck ties the wet wipe became a "baby turdul" (yep, turtle) that was thrown into the middle of the living room floor. Sonora then crawled up on the couch beside Mia and I and said, "Look, Momma, a baby turdul, lets watch it." So we watched it. That didn't provide enough stimulation for Sonora so after a while we had to start talking about what the turtle was eating, where he was going, and who his momma was, etc. The wet wipe became several other things (we totally got our money's worth out of that one) and then was discarded. Although it is still on the living room floor, I just haven't got the heart to toss that baby turdul yet.  After discussing his family history I'm rather attached to the little guy myself.

          Then Sonora moved on to her baby dolls. I started typing up this post and after a while Sonora came over and said, "Mommy, look at my babies." I had been keeping watch out of the corner of my eye because she was over where Mia was laying on the blanket of the floor (Honnah is sacked out in the swing), I looked up to discover that Sonora had three of her baby dolls lined up right beside Mia all covered with the kitchen towels, (which get stolen from their places in the kitchen by her quite often because they are reachable and are just the right size, she thinks, for doll burp cloths, blankets, togas, head scarves, etc.) and then she says in a very sweet voice, "Aren't they just so peshus, Mommy?"


        
           Yes indeed, just so precious!

7 comments:

Axon L. Parker said...

Oh me oh my. It is all so worth it!

Unknown said...

Me-thinks you have a slightly cross-eyed (from looking at her sister), peshus, precocious fashionista in your very own living room! Thanks for the hilarious take on your morning. Grammie loved it........natch.

Sarah said...

Ooh, I desperately want to watch her and her sisters rather than being at work. I'll trade you for a day anytime :) She was soooo funny last night, we just laughed all the way home!

The Hacker said...

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So very precious, agreed!

Uncle Peter said...

I'll race Aunt Mary to come and babysit them...

katiewoo13 said...

Well, I'm not a grandparent, but as aunt (is that what we've decided to call me?) I appreciate the play-by-play of your morning. I absolutely can't wait to see the girls. I've been telling everyone about how excited I am to visit, and it seems about 90% of the excitement is to see your girls.